The International Politics of East Africa examines the relationship between the countries of East Africa, and their relationships with the rest of the world. International politics in this region are shown to be increasingly about the quest for aid, debt relief, and equitable trading arrangements. Robert Pinkney shows how the price these East African states pay for outside assistance is the growing foreign influence over the details of internal politics. Analyzed within the context of post-Cold War politics, the growth of global forces, and Africa's growing dependence on the developed world, this unique study highlights the notion of African states as partners in negotiating with the West, and the reality of the growing gulf between rich and poor countries.
eBook tags: the, international, politics, east, africa, pdf, download, pdf, robert pinkney
- The International Politics of East Africa
- The Role of Law in International Politics Essays in International Relations and International Law
- Power and Money; The Economics of International Politics and the Politics of International Economics
- Food, Agriculture, and Economic Policy in the Middle East and North Africa (Research in Middle East Economics) (Research in Middle East Economics) (Research in Middle East Economics) (Research in Middle East Economics) (Research in Middle East Economics)
- First Footsteps in East Africa