The promotion of security is no longer a state monopoly. It is dispersed and takes place through the practices of states, corporations, non-governmental actors and community-based organizations. But what do we know about the ways in which 'security' is thought about and promoted in this pluralized field of delivery? Are democratic values being advanced and protected, or threatened and compromised? Wood and Dupont bring together a team of renowned scholars to shed light on our understanding of the arrangements for contemporary security governance. Offering a 'friendly dialogue' between those who argue that democratic transformation rests in the development of strong state institutions and those who propose a more de-centered agenda, the scholars in this volume bring cutting-edge theoretical analyses to bear on empirical examples. This volume will appeal to researchers in the fields of criminology, political science, sociology and security studies.
eBook tags: democracy,, society, and, the, governance, security, pdf, download, pdf, jennifer wood
- InfoHOT Democracy, Society and the Governance of Security PDF download
- Democracy, Society and the Governance of Security: PDF
- DepositFiles Democracy, Society and the Governance of Security PDF Download PDF ebook
- Civil Society Before Democracy
- European Security Governance and the European Neighbourhood After the Lisbon Treaty
- Corporate Governance and Entrepreneurship. Corporate Governance, Volume 3, Issue 2.
- Synchronizing Internet Protocol Security (Sipsec). Advances in Information Security.
- Language and Society in Japan. Contemporary Japanese Society.